Like you, we believe a good education is critical so that we’re better poised to move forward, both as individuals and as a sector, in order to meet the inspiring challenges of tomorrow.
If you’re not already familiar, MDM Dancewear is an Australian owned and operated company that formed in 2011, established by former professional dancers, Timothy Heathcote (Sydney Dance Company) and Simone Goldsmith (Principal of The Australian Ballet).
With a deep appreciation of how a dancers foot wear can subtly yet profoundly effect technique and physiological development, they designed the world’s most advanced footwear for dance. Supremely beautiful and comfortable the unique innovations of the MDM range help;
- promote an improved culture and conversation about safe dance practice.
- function as a training aid to correct pronation.
- provide shock absorption.
- reduce fatigue and improve recovery.
- alleviate pressure on the back of the heel, which can lead to inflammation of the bursa and consequently the achilles tendon.
- alleviate pressure on the front of the toes, which can lead to toe impingement.
- alleviate pressure across the forefoot area, which can inflame the nerves and lead to Morton’s Neuroma.
- allow for a more functionally correct Demi-pointe position.
For these important reasons, we believe every student will find value in wearing MDM.
Thank you for taking the time to learn a little more about MDM. Your knowledge of the latest products available and influence via your recommendation is powerful and instrumental in forming the next generation of intelligent dancers.