A thought experiment.
With all we now know about materials, technique training, the importance of injury prevention, the science of anatomy and physiology, comfort and aesthetics; imagine your ideal ballet shoe...
Knowing what we now know, our ideal ballet shoe would;
- provide the necessary resistance to activate the muscles of the metatarsal and assist in building strength in that area while moving through tendu.
- be aesthetically pleasing, contouring around the toes, into the arch and around the heel in one elegant, effortless sweeping line.
- provide impact protection to absorb shock from landings to assist with dancer longevity.
- be effortless to fit, seeming to pull on like a glove, hugging the foot in an embrace.
- assist the dancer to develop an improved awareness and relationship with their foot; between their body and the floor.
- help them feel their alignment and placement, gently cueing them when they’re in a less than optimal position.
- be machine washable.
- be a more environmentally friendly shoe, using less of our Earth’s finite resources to produce.
- grow with the young dancers foot a half size or a full size.
- go the distance
At MDM we’d never suggest we’ve made the perfect shoe. Because we’ll always be looking to improve; to be a little better tomorrow than we are today. But with our new Intrinsic Profile, we’ve come closer than any shoe ever has.
The Intrinsic Profile - like you, today we’re one step closer to our dream.
To purchase, head to your nearest MDM Stockist or to our website;
BANNER IMAGE; MDM MUSE, JULIET DOHERTY
PHOTOGRAPHER; TAYLOR FERNE MORRIS