A thought experiment.
With all we now know about materials, technique training, the importance of injury prevention, the science of anatomy and physiology, comfort and aesthetics; imagine your ideal ballet shoe...
Knowing what we now know, our ideal ballet shoe would;
- provide the necessary resistance to activate the muscles of the metatarsal and assist in building strength in that area while moving through tendu.
- be aesthetically pleasing, contouring around the toes, into the arch and around the heel in one elegant, effortless sweeping line.
- provide impact protection to absorb shock from landings to assist with dancer longevity.
- be effortless to fit, seeming to pull on like a glove, hugging the foot in an embrace.
- assist the dancer to develop an improved awareness and relationship with their foot; between their body and the floor.
- help them feel their alignment and placement, gently cueing them when they’re in a less than optimal position.
- be machine washable.
- be a more environmentally friendly shoe, using less of our Earth’s finite resources to produce.
- grow with the young dancers foot a half size or a full size.
- go the distance
At MDM we’d never suggest we’ve made the perfect shoe. Because we’ll always be looking to improve; to be a little better tomorrow than we are today. But with our new Intrinsic Profile, we’ve come closer than any shoe ever has.
To purchase, head to your nearest MDM Stockist or to our website;
BANNER IMAGE; MDM MUSE, JULIET DOHERTY
PHOTOGRAPHER; TAYLOR FERNE MORRIS